What about queueing from a branch without needing PRs?

I’ve read the docs and I’m pretty sure this isn’t possible, but it would be useful to me.

Here’s my situation: right now at least, I’m the main contributor to my project, and I’m the only maintainer. I want the safety of bors ensuring my master branch always builds passes tests, but opening PRs every time I work on the project is overhead.

What do you think of the idea of bors being able to be configured to automatically try to merge from a particular branch, as if it was an r+'d PR? E.g. you might tell it that the “development” branch should be merged to master if tests on it pass, and any time that branch has commits not already on master it would be treated as if there was an r+'d PR for that branch to be merged. It would be added to the build queue, and could intermingle with other PRs.

I’m not sure if this is something that would be handy for many projects or not, but figured it was worth asking. What do you think?

Yeah, that would be a pretty good idea. It’s on the planned backlog, just haven’t gotten around to it yet.

1 Like