Bors-NG (the Next-Generation implementation of “bors”) is a GitHub App that automates a “common sense” workflow for software development on GitHub: merge a pull request and master together, run the test suite, then push the merged whole up into the master branch. This means that whatever is in master branch has passed the tests, no matter what. Setting this thing up isn’t always easy, and since every project’s exact needs are a bit different, there’s always room for bors to improve, or maybe there’s a way to make it do what you need already. This is the place to ask for help.
- Be mindful of the code of conduct.
- If you think someone is violating it, either Flag it or PM them. Do not derail the conversation by posting a reply saying that a post violates the CoC.
- If someone ignores your advice, quell the urge to insist that they’re wrong. We’re not going to agree on everything and that’s okay.
- Alternatives to bors-ng are not our enemy. If it improves the quality of the software, then it’s a good thing. No zealotry.
- Try to keep one thread to one topic. Less constrained conversations can happen on the Gitter channel.
- Don’t post something unless you expect it to be useful to someone. In particular, don’t make a post if the “Like” button (the heart) will do.
- When reaction comics (“memes”) are being posted, the conversation is over.