Automatically giving access to repo admins?

I’m working on getting bors set up on a repo in the Mozilla GitHub org. We have the policy that only org-admins can add most integrations (such as bors) to repos (with some exceptions). This means that the admin that adds bors is the only reviewer, which isn’t ideal for us.

Would it be possible to grant reviewer writes to everyone that has the “admin” permission for the repository automatically? This would align a lot better with how we would generally like to use GitHub integrations.

1 Like

Yes, that's probably a very good idea. I'm cooking up a PR to do this, now. :+1:

It's a lot easier to fix this bug than the equally-desirable-but-harder problem of squashing commits.

1 Like

@mythmon

I went ahead and, now that it's merged, clicked the "Synchronize" button on your repo.

By the way, did you know that mozilla/normandy has 22 people with admin access to it?

I went ahead and, now that it’s merged, clicked the “Synchronize” button on your repo.

Where is this Synchronize button? I don’t see it on the bors website. I also still don’t see Normandy in my list of repositories, and I don’t see any way to add new reviewers on normandy’s bors repo page.

I also still don’t have review access on Github. I just tried, and got permission denied again.

By the way, did you know that mozilla/normandy has 22 people with admin access to it?

The Mozilla Github org is kind of weird, so this doesn’t really surprise me. It may not be the best of situations, but it is what we have for now.

Edit: I had said that @mythmon had no admin perms. That's false. I just forgot to make bors read the paginated results properly.

Edit 2: try again.