At lest 1 approving review is required by reviewers with write access

Hi there! I am trying to add Bors to our repository and we keep getting the following error:

{{:badmatch,
  {:error, :push, 422,
   "{\"message\":\"At least 1 approving review is required by reviewers with write access.\",\"documentation_url\":\"https://docs.github.com/articles/about-protected-branches\"}"}},
 [
   {BorsNG.Worker.Batcher, :complete_batch, 3,
    [file: 'lib/worker/batcher.ex', line: 712]},
   {BorsNG.Worker.Batcher, :maybe_complete_batch, 1,
    [file: 'lib/worker/batcher.ex', line: 658]},
   {BorsNG.Worker.Batcher, :handle_cast, 2,
    [file: 'lib/worker/batcher.ex', line: 94]},
   {:gen_server, :try_dispatch, 4,
    [file: 'gen_server.erl', line: 689]},
   {:gen_server, :handle_msg, 6,
    [file: 'gen_server.erl', line: 765]},
   {:proc_lib, :init_p_do_apply, 3,
    [file: 'proc_lib.erl', line: 226]}
 ]}

We do have the "1 reviewer required" option in our master's branch protection, and I read somewhere that we need to remove that to use bors, but I have a question about doing that:

• Will bors allow the author or a PR to bors r+ themselves? We want to make sure that even repository contributors need to go through review. We were skeptical about removing the "require reviewer" option from github for this reason. If bors is smart enough to require other reviewers than the author then I think we can remove this restriction without any problems.

Any help would be appreciated!

Bors does allow you to self-r+.

However, bors can enforce github reviewer requirements if you set the required_approvals option in bors.toml. It should act pretty much exactly the same as the branch requirement, except it works properly with bors.